Wednesday 4 January 2012

Plethora of Pleats

A very Happy New Year to all!
Last weekend, apparently the new year eve, I was just googling for some thing and I dont remember what was it that prompted me to search for Princess Diana's fashion moments. Well, she was not only a beautiful woman but also made fashion statements with utmost grace and charm. She had adorned clothes of many internationally renowned designers viz. Chanel, Versace, Catherine Walker, Christian Lacroix, etc. Her romantic ball-gowns, big shoulder looks, hats, business suits etc were all the rage and imitated by many. She was a fashion icon during the 80s. Here is one stunning picture of hers which definitely held me breath-taken.
Princess Diana
Now this is indeed one of my favorite fashion moments of hers. The floral print blouse complemented with this beautiful pleated midi skirt, the fusion of the emerald green color with orangish red purse, and accessories to the minimal, make her whole outfit chic and look so poised.
As we see on the runway of late, I would rather say the iconic fashion of Princess Diana is back from the 80s creating statement once again with many couturiers embracing the pleated skirts of varied lengths in their collections.
Images courtesy : Style.com

Images Courtesy : Style.com

A beautiful quote by Princess Diana: "I wear my heart on my sleeve." She was a beautiful woman inside and out and a lady of great warmth, modesty and solicitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment